With Rabbi Moshe Fogel, 4th Grade Rebbe in Yeshiva Ketana of Queens on his unique approach to teaching his talmidim and imbuing them at a young age with a true love for learning
In this far ranging conversation, we cover a lot of topics related to teaching:
- How to keep boys engaged and involved
- What to do in a class with weaker and stronger boys
- Do all the breaks in the learning schedule do any good?
- Rabbi Fogel’s famous “nachas cards” in the mail and the monumental sefer at the end of the year
- Teaching on Zoom during the pandemic – the good and the not so good
- Giving talmidim the tools to teach themselves and becoming a master at it
Do you know of a rebbe or teacher that you consider to be outstanding? Do they do something different in the classroom that you really appreciate? Please let us know who they are so we can share a conversation with them on a future episode.
Rabbi Moshe Fogel can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments, and guest ideas can be submitted here.
Get an email every time a new show is posted! Sign up form
Available on Apple & Google Podcasts & Spotify. Please take a moment to subscribe and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Thanks for listening!